This stir-fried beef with long beans, bell peppers and broccoli receives its spicy liveliness from red curry paste.
The spiciness of the red curry paste will heat up your meal alongside the crunchiness of the long beans and bell peppers.
The orange bell pepper is selected for this dish to lend it vibrant color and contrast to the green of the long beans and
brocolli. The tenderness of the thin sliced beef blends well with other ingredients. This dish will satisfy your taste for
- Clean and slice beef into thinly sliced bite size pieces.
- Clean long beans. Cut into 1-1.5 inch pieces.
- Clean bell pepper. Cut and remove the seeds. Slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Cut broccoli florets from its stem. Clean and drain.
- Heat oil in a pan. On medium-high heat, add red curry paste in the pan. Stir fry until it turns fragrant, about 2-3 minutes
Take care not to burn.
- Add beef. Stir until beef is almost cooked, about 3-5 minutes. Add broccoli. Mix and stir well.
- Add long beans and bell pepper. Stir well.
- Stir frequently until beef is cooked.
- Once beef is cooked, add water, sugar and fish sauce. Stir well. Remove from heat.
- Serve on plate.
- Serving size: 2-3 persons.
- Chicken and pork can be substituted for beef.
- To increase or reduce spiciness, add or lessen red curry paste.
- Vegetables should not be overcooked. They should be crunchy and maintain thier crispiness.
1 cup Beef
3/4 cup Long beans
1/2 Orange bell pepper
1 cup Broccoli
2-4 tablespoons Red curry paste
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Fish sauce
2-3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
1/4 cup Water